What Volatility Truly Means
The Ups and Downs
The Value of a Plan
- Assess your retirement finances now
- How much do you have saved?
- How much do you plan to have saved in retirement?
- Assess your costs
- How much do your basic needs cost?
- How much do you think they will cost in the future?
- Assess how much income you will need to cover your basic costs
- Based on your costs, how much will you need now and, in the future, to comfortably cover them?
- Assess your risk tolerance
- How much will go towards providing you a stable income that covers your costs in retirement?
- Based on that number, how much are you willing to put toward riskier, higher-growth assets?
- If you’re not retired, how much more do you need to meet your retirement goals?